Friday, December 18, 2009

christmas thru their eyes...

there are so many blessings that come with having children, and christmas is one of them. i have loved christmas since a childhood, but since having my own children i love it even more {if that is possible}. i love talking about baby jesus and the nativity story. i love singing jingle bells and listening to christmas music all the time. i love all the parties. i love visiting santa and writing him a letter. i love buying and wrapping gifts and trying to teach "it is better to give than receive" to my children. i love family gatherings with all the yummy food and hugs. i love dressing up my kids in their adorable "christmas clothes" and taking their pictures. i love looking at christmas lights. i love hearing children sing "away in the manger." and the list goes on and on, but this year on the top of my "favorites" list is...

olivia
i never get tired of hearing the excitement in olivia's voice as she spots a baby jesus or "activity" scene. she has some how confused "nativity" with "activity," and now calls all nativities "an activity scene." it is so funny to me and makes me giggle everytime she says it. {that is about 5 times a day!} i also never want to forget how she plays with baby jesus and will sing "away in the manger" all by herself acting out the song while she plays. such a sweet sound and reminds me what this time of year is all about.

jack-jack
i love hearing jack say "ho! ho! ho!" when he sees a picture, figure, statue, anything of santa claus! i also love his reaction to christmas lights. he says "look, lights! ooooo!" he also gets up every morning and goes over to the christmas tree and finds his favorite ornament- elmo, and points it out to me. makes me start my day with a smile. i think i am really going to miss that when the decorations are put away.

what joy these two bring to my life! and what is absolutely amazing to me is that it does not even compare the the joy that jesus brings by being my savior,"wonderful counselor, mighty god, everlasting father, prince of peace." {Isaiah 9:6} thank you jesus!

3 comments:

Rogers Family said...

I love this post and Jack looks so handsome and way too grown up. What a fun day it will be with the two of them on Christmas morning. Merry Christmas Bowlin family!!

Nancy "B" said...

Sharing Christmas with my precious GRANDS has brought such joy and giggles this year especially outdoor lights. Olivia screams "LOOK NANA LOOK" as Jack says "oh...lights"

MISTY and CO... said...

look at jack-attack!!!! he is such a little man. O is gorgeous and "smart as an owl"....AS ALWAYS!

this is a precious post.