Tuesday, November 16, 2010

cherishing family time...

my grandparents are amazing!! i have been so blessed to be close to them for so many years. i was thrilled when they moved from michigan to texas over 7 years ago so that my children would get to have a special relationship with them as i did. over the last year, my grandfather's health has been failing and it is getting harder and harder for him to get around by himself and care for himself. my mom has carried the burden of helping them for so long and a few weeks ago hired hospice to help since we are not sure how much longer he will be with us. when hospice was hired a precious lady, angie, was one of the many blessings that has come with hospice care. angie's official title, is director of bereavement counseling, or something like that, but to our family she is a friend and indescribable blessing. she bonded immediately with my grandparents and has loved them so well. she has been such a strong shoulder of support for my mom and i know that she will continue to be a source of wisdom and counsel as my grandfather gets close to death. angie decided that we needed to all get together and surprise my grandparents with a big family dinner at one of their favorite places, red lobster. it was an evening filled with precious memories, lots of smiles, and i know meant the world to my grandparents. here are some of my favorite pictures from that evening and our time together as one big family...

mom with her mom and dad.
gram lois (my dad's mom) and olivia
gram millie and jack. they sure love each other!! jack was teaching her how to play him game on the iPhone. it was so cute to watch. :)
olivia getting some love from her biggest fan- papa.
then it was jack's turn. papa calls jack happy hooligan because jack always has a smile on his face!!
all of us, except sean. :( sean missing was the only part of the evening that was not perfect!

i am so thankful for the family that i have the constant love that i am surrounded by. there are many times when i may seem that i take it for granted and i guess on some level i do since i have never known anything else, but i truly cherish my family and all the gifts that they pour into my life.

3 comments:

MISTY and CO... said...

i started with a lump and ended with tears....

amazing post.

Nana/Mom/Nancy said...

It is a cherished memory...so glad we did it!

Angela Campbell said...

I am honored and blessed to know you all. And Terry was and will always be an amazing man. I am a better person from knowing him....and his family.
Blessed Be, My Friends.....
angie