Tuesday, July 15, 2008

baby jack time

this weekend olivia went to the lake with nana, gramps, gram lois, papa, and gram millie (my parents and the grandparents) SO that meant that i got to have some sweet quality time with baby jack. they left saturday morning and mark was working all weekend. i had jack all to myself all day saturday and for about half the day on sunday. i have been in love with him since i found out i was pregnant. the attachment grew as he began to move around in my belly (he reminded me frequently that he was in there). my heart was so happy when i heard his first cry and held him in my arms. but, after this weekend i have fallen even more in love with my sweet precious baby! i savored every moment we had together just the two of us. during each feeding we did not have a sweet big sister interrupting us or have to listen to some cartoon on noggin in the background. i was able to just sit and look at his cute face and even got a smile or two back. the way he looks at me melts my heart every time. i am thankful for so many things in life, but this weekend i was able to appreciate the all the little moments with baby jack that often go unnoticed.

jack right before one of those sweet moments. he was very hungry.


since it was a "mommy & jack" weekend i dressed him in my favorite outfit. mark and my mom call this a "girly boy" outfit, but i LOVE it!

by the way, thank you nana (aka mom) for having olivia at the lake. i know she had a blast!!

2 comments:

Nana/Mom/Nancy said...

I'm so glad you have some special time with our "baby jack" - I know he's smiling more because of your time together. He melted my heart on Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Your Jack is PRECIOUS! I'm mailing your photos to Misty today- and I just want you to know I had so much fun editing them! Your family is gorgeous!