Sunday, July 20, 2008

goodness sakes alive, abby is FIVE!!!

happy birthday abby!!
my adorable niece is turning five today. it is unbelievable that five years ago today i was sitting the hospital waiting room (for several hours, poor sarah), surrounded by family all waiting to catch the first glimps of the new baby. on that day we didn't know if it would be abby or luke? soon we found out that it was abby!! her daddy proudly rolled her out and showed her off to everyone. i fell in love instantly!! i knew abby would be a special part of our family and our life, but i don't think i truly knew what a blessing she would be. so now after five years of sharing life together with abby, i am even more in love with her today than i was the first day of her sweet life. she is one of the most special people in my life so today this entry is all about her! abby is funny, sweet, creative, compassionate, sensitive, talented, and loving. she always makes me smile with her hugs. she makes me feel good about myself with her sweet compliments. she adores her cousins, olivia and jack. she loves her family with all her heart. here are a few of my favorite pictures of sweet abby...

i love this one because you can see abby's fun personality.

this picture is great because it shows abby being the big girl. she is such a great big cousin and big sister!! kk and olivia are so lucky!

this is abby on a ride all by herself. she is so brave and adventurous.

this is just abby! my very favorite picture of her. totally natural. totally beautiful.

abby i hope you have the very best birthday! i can't wait for more lunches at chick fil a, trips to the mall, weekends at the lake, holidays, trips to the beach, and just being with you. happy birthday!!!

5 comments:

SarahFifer said...

Thanks for your sweet words about Abby. She loves her T, Uncle Mark, Olivida and Baby Jack so much. We are so thankful you all can be a part of all the important days of her life. Wouldn't be the same without any of you.

SarahFifer said...

Oh man how Abby loves her T (Stephanie). It's amazing how I look back over the past five years and thank God for what I have. I am blessed to have the most beautiful woman in the world as my wife. I am blessed that both of my girls have their Mothers looks (although they do have my hair) and I am most fortunate and blessed to have a Sister-In-Law as special as T. I remember the first time I met you T, (Marks apartment in Waco)I loved you within the first 5 minutes. It was just obvious of your love for life, Mark, Baylor, Sarah, Baylor and the Lord. You made me feel so comfortable from the get-go. I know this days blog is dedicated to Abby and her birthday, but Abby is who she is because of the people around her and you are so a big part of that. God Bless you T, and thank you for loving my big five-year old Abby the way that you do!
- Christman
P.S. Hi Olividas!

Nana/Mom/Nancy said...

What a precious beautiful girl! Hugs from the "other" Nana!

MISTY and CO... said...

this family.....man, how neat!

Missy said...

Abby is so blessed to have an aunt that loves her so much! We are big Abby fans as well! Really Steph--so sweet all the things you said!

Missy