Friday, July 10, 2009

just a few thoughts...

so about a week ago in my post, "unmotivated" i mentioned sharing a few of my recent opinions and thoughts. so here they are...

WARNING: there are TONS of run on sentences and probably a bunch of misspellings in this post... sorry!!

1. jon and kate and the divorce... so sad!! that is how i feel- heartbroken. so strange since i don't know these people, but i have watched the show from day one and have loved every moment until the BIG moment weeks ago when they announced the sad news- they were splitting. i had heard all the rumors and had read every article in every hollywood gossip magazine, so i knew it was coming, but there was still a small part of me that thought maybe it wasn't going to happen. i wanted so badly for them to defy the odds and make it work, but no! they are getting a divorce. i hate it for them, for their kids, and how it changes everything. i know this is so dumb, but i pray for them often. i pray that their children will be protected from the consequence of divorce. i pray that jon and kate's hearts will heal. i pray that they will make their family the biggest priority and not be distracted by others opinions. all that said, i am still a fan of the show, yet still very sad and disappointed.

2. so you think you can dance... are you watching it?? if you answered no, you are missing out! it is like american idol for dance. the auditions are a wear out, but the finalist that make it on the show are AMAZING!!! i am not a dancer, no nothing about dance other than the multiple dance recitals and drill team shows that i attended for all my dancing friends back in high school, but i can't get enough of this show. each week the dancers are asked to perform a different style of dance and each week they shock me with their talent. they have a short time to learn a dance (usually not in their trained style) and then perform it. no style is off limits- baliwood, russian folk, classical ballet, broadway, jive, ballroom, the list goes on and on. tune in to fox and check it out! i think you will love it!

3. reading... my friend mary inspired me months ago with several different blog post about some great books she was reading. my other friend christine and her husband have given up tv for a year to read more and write- that has inspired me as well. so i am so disappointed that i have not completed even one book yet this summer. i have so many on my list (even purchases them) and if i ever get to the end of one of them i will let you know. every book i read makes me think and shapes me in some way, such is why i love it so much. i am hoping for less distractions and more quite moments to read and enjoy! i'll let you know. wish me luck on finding those quite moments. :) i know the first thing is to watch less tv. i am going to do that, just not jon & kate or SYTYCD. :)

4. a great quote... "God created the world out of nothing, and so as long as we are nothing, He can make something out of us." Martin Luther. i am sure i read this on one of my friends blogs, honestly i don't remember but i love it!!! recently the lord has really been challenging me with this thought so expressed by Martin Luther.

well, that's it for now. thanks for reading if you made this far. nothing profound, but just me!

5 comments:

MISTY and CO... said...

i am so ready to read, too. i finished one book this month, believe it or not, but i am so ready to get started on the next. send me some titles!!!

I still have the one book you gave me....somewhere. XO!

Christine said...

I love SYTYCD too! We have to watch it online though or on a friend's TV :) Pick up Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist and I promise you'll be able to get through that book and even enjoy it!

Haley said...

I'm with you on SYTYCD. IT'S MY FAV! I like it better than American Idol. And never watched Jon & Kate, but it still makes me sad too. And lastly, I need to read more too. Thanks Steph!

Katie Sheedy said...

This is random.....did you see that there's a new sharpie out there.....the sharpie pen!! Ha, thought of you! Love you and miss you!

maryh said...

Hey Steph....this is Brad...I just wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed reading your posts.

I can't wait to talk to you about John and Kate...so sad.

After you read Cold Tangerines, grab...Left to Tell...it is a heartwarming true story that will make you cry and cry!

See you all in a month and a half -- that is way way way too long!