Friday, September 4, 2009

so glamorous...

*sorry for the poor quality pics, i was using my phone.*
olivia has been asking me for months if she can go to a real "hair salon" to get her hair cut and styled. we usually go to missy's house for her haircuts, and they are GREAT and much more afforable!!:) we missed her "back to school" session, so it was definitely time for a little trim. i decided to fulfill this dream of olivia's and last week after my haircut i made an appointment for her to go to my FABULOUS hairstylist, pj, for a "real hair salon" haircut.
she was so excited!!! she woke up and immediately asked when it was time for us to go and see pj. after a long morning of waiting it was FINALLY time to go. we got to the mall a few minutes early. walked by the salon and we talked about what was going to happen. even though she was super excited, she still doesn't love new situations, so some preparation was necessary. then i took a BEFORE picture right before we went in...


pj was great with her!! he got right to work...

spraying her hair. the shampoo bowl was a little too intimidating for o, she opted for the spray bottle.
then the cutting began.

some blow drying and styling. (you can tell she didn't love this part!)

and finally, the AFTER!!!

it was a really fun mommy-daughter experience. thanks to pj for making olivia feel so comfortable and for making her look absolutely adorable!!

14 comments:

Kimberly said...

she is too cute! i want that haircut!

taking creighton to sports clips isn't quite as fun!

Jodi said...

Love Olivia's new 'do. So fun!

Christine said...

Go Olivia! I wish my hair would do that :) Love the gold sandals too :)

Hayley said...

She is adorable!

maryh said...

what a fun thing to let her do. her hair looks great! i loved seeing the pictures of jack going to school - his little outfit made him look so old.

MISTY and CO... said...

Aahhhhhhhh, PeeeeeeeeeeJaaaay!!!!!!!

I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE SWEET PJ!!!!!! How fun!!! I want to go!! She looks adorable!

Nana/Mom/Nancy said...

My girl is looking too grown up for this Nana - I want the ponytails back!!! But she sure is looking glamorous.

Nana/Mom/Nancy said...

My girl is looking too grown up for this Nana - I want the ponytails back!!! But she sure is looking glamorous.

Laura said...

So adorable. I love the haircut...too cute! And what a fun mommy/daughter moment!

Janey said...

Olivia is getting so big. I LOVE her new haircut. Your blog is great. Thanks for adding the feature that lets me make comments.

Spiegs said...

fabulous 'do! maybe i should get my hair cut by PJ too. is that collin creek?

Rogers Family said...

What sweet pictures of Olivia and PJ.

Meredelicious said...

So adorable!

Ana said...

What a fun memory! She looks beautiful!