Monday, January 23, 2012

january...

can i just say that i love the month of january!  first of all, some of my favorite people are celebrated in janurary-- my dad, my precious friend ashley, and my gram lois all have birthdays in january.  i love january because it moves at slower pace compared the craziness of december (well, let's be honest, september- december).  and i also really love that january challenges me to set goals and look ahead at what i desire for myself and my family in the new year ahead.  granted i usually don't end up accomplishing all of my goals, but i do love the idea of a fresh start and the excitement of a new challenge. :)
this january has been all of these things.  i have celebrated with family and friends.  i have spent SOME quiet, restful evenings at home.  and i have set some goals for myself and my family that we are off to a pretty good start accomplishing.  one of my goals every year is to read more and spend more time with the lord.  this book...

has been such a gift to me.  i know that TONS of people have already read it.  and it came highly recommended from so many trusted sources, but just after the first of the year i finally had the time to pick it up and start reading it.  from the very first page i have been encouraged and blessed by this story of gratitude.

hopefully soon i'll be back with more stories about my sweet family, darling pictures of olivia and jack, and lots of juicy details of our life, but for now i am enjoying the moments of free time and nothing going on that is "blog worthy" yet i am incredibly grateful and humbled by the thousands of gifts the lord gives me each and every day.

"God gives gifts, and I give thanks, and I unwrap a gift: joy." 
-Ann Voskamp 

2 comments:

kinsey said...

Love this.

Christine said...

ahhhh. don't you just love this book? miss you! let's see each other soon!