Saturday, August 9, 2008

oliviaisms

being olivia's mom is so much fun. don't get me wrong she and i have her moments, but for the most part i sit in awe that god has given me this precious child that is so very smart, helpful, sensitive, and super funny! she is also strong willed, persistent, and can be quite manipulative, but aren't most toddlers? so i really had no idea that my 2.5 year old would make me laugh so hard and 5 minutes later make me want to cry just a hard. olivia has been a talker since age 1. really don't think she has stopped since then. but as her vocabulary continues to grow, olivia often takes some creative liberties with the english language, aka "oliviaisms" and i love it. they make mark and i laugh, so i thought i might share a few on the blog. this way i will have these "oliviaisms" in print and maybe someone out there might smile too!

here are my favorites and the ones i can think of today...

"money"= her lamb lovey that she sleeps with
olivia might say, "i need money mommy. he makes me feel better."

"mazagines"= magazines
olivia might say, "nana reads mazagines while gramps watches stargate."

"paper toilet"= toilet paper
olivia might say, "i need paper toilet mommy. i am done!" (can you tell we are potty training)

"sprinklers"= sprinkles on cupcakes or sundaes
olivia might say, "i found another sprinkler in my ice cream! it's pink!"

"bazert"= dessert
olivia says EVERY night at dinner, "are we having bazert tonight?"

"SUB"= SUV (as in the kind of cars many of us drive)
while driving olivia says, "look mommy they drive an SUB just like us! nana has an SUB, but she says it is a crossover. misty has an SUB. rah-rah has an SUB. ... (she lists everyone we know that drives one!)

"big booms"= fireworks
olivia might say, "are there going to be big booms? i don't like big booms."

"why not?"= why?
me: "olivia we are going to leave in 5 minutes?"
olivia: "why not?"

"how you gonna..?"= why are you...?
olivia might say, "how you gonna turn off my show mommy?"

i know i am forgetting some good ones, but these have all been apart of some conversation today. i sure love my olivia and all her "isms."

5 comments:

Nana/Mom/Nancy said...

Isn't that the truth! How I love to have conversations with my girl. How many Nanas can say that about their 2 1/2 year old grandchild?

MISTY and CO... said...

What about "too talls" for high heels! I love that one! I love Oliviaisms!!!

Rogers Family said...

Ohhh that was so cute. I love how they say things. It is just so adorable.

SarahFifer said...

She also asks when there are "big booms" where the touchdown is. When the fireworks started on July 4th - she said "touchdown, sic em bears!" A girl after her daddy's heart. I love that little girl. She makes her RaRa laugh too!!

Christine said...

TOO cute! I love bazert!