Friday, February 20, 2009

some random thoughts...

i haven't posted in a few days and i have a few random thoughts on my mind to share with anyone who cares to read...

#1 mystic tanning: yes, i can't really believe i am admitting it, but i recently went to palm beach tan and did the mystic tan (you know, salon quality spray tanning). why? well, mark and i are going to mexico with some friends in few days and that means rest and relaxation, all good and much needed, but it also means bathing suits! yuck! i am totally dreading it and after a few glances in the mirror i decided that tan fat might look just a bit better than white fat, so mystic tanning was my quick solution. yes, it was quick and it looks ok, but the experience was something else. i was standing in a booth, concentrating on all the crazy instructions (turn right, rotate left, arms out, etc.), thinking did i put enough of the blocking lotion on my hands and feet so they don't look orange and streaky, breathing crazy amounts of chemicals, and about to pass out from trying to only breathe when absolutely necessary. all for orangish brown tint that i keep telling myself looks like a tan. did i mention, i am going back form spray down #2 tomorrow. #2 is supposed to even out the "tan". why do i keep lying to myself? my body is still going to look less than disarable in the bathing suit and this "tan" is certain to look fake. oh well maybe when i am on the beach reading a gossip magazine or a book i will forget all about how bad i will look! :)

#2 my niece, abby: i love abby for several reasons as most of you know because i write about her often. this week i have been such a proud aunt once again. sarah (her mom) has done a blog post about her precious artwork. so cute and creative. i love her writing and inventive spelling too! besides her awesome artwork, this week abby had a "p.e. performance" at her school. i didn't want to miss the chance to see her perform, so i cut dinner short and sped down plano road not to be late. i was literally running across the parking lot with jack on my hip and dragging olivia behind me while she was holding my other hand. don't worry we didn't miss a thing. in fact we got to sit through the entire PTA meeting- good times. finally after all the business was complete we moved to the gym for the big show. she was by far the cutest kindergarter in the whole gym. she was adorable, yet so intense never taking her eyes off her coach. the whole performance lasted about 7 minutes, but i am so glad i was there to cheer her on and support her. i just love sbby and i am so proud of the little girl that she is!!

#3 laundry: i hate it!! i really shouldn't complain because my husband does the laundry. he is amazing i know. he sorts, changes it out, folds, and even puts it away. i know you are all jealous and you should be, but i still hate it. it never ends and the process makes my house a complete mess. there are clothes everywhere. there are piles ready to be put in the washer or there are stacks of clean laundry waiting to be put away. it is just no fun and i don't like it!! there are different theories about how to make laundry more effient-- "do a little each day" or "do it all once a week." both have their pros and cons, but honestly i don't care for either. in my opinion it is by far the WORST household chore around!!

wow, this is really boring! thanks to anyone who actually reads past #1 and cares about my random thoughts.

i'll post all about our fun trip to mexico and all the good times my kids have with nana and gramps when i get back. adios amigos!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Stephanie!

You might not know that I read your blog, but I do! I think I got it from someone at school or the birth announcement for Jack. Anyway, I love reading it, and I miss you tons up at Yale! Your kids are so precious...

I wanted to comment because your mystic tan post reminded me of one of my favorite Friends episodes when Ross goes mystic tanning. You have to see it if you haven't already. It will make you feel so much better about following all those directions...hilarious!

Hope you are great!! I'd love to see you sometime!
Becky
PS - I have a blog too, so it makes me feel better about blog-stalking! :)

MISTY and CO... said...

sure beats "real" tanning. you are beautiful whether you are white or orange :)

you are going to have so much fun on your trip!!!!!! Misty

p.s. i hate laundry, too!

Rogers Family said...

YOu are right...I am jealous. I want my husband to do laundry and i want to go on a trip and I want to go tan just because!!

I hope you guys RELAX and enjoy your trip. And who cares if you are orange...just tell people that is how we do it in TEXAS. As Misty said, you are beautiful any color.

SarahFifer said...

Thanks for your sweet words about Abby. She LOVES her T and was so glad the 3 of you were there for her "big" performance :)

MISTY and CO... said...

my random thoughts....

i am CRACKING up that mari gave you a mexico call over little gym....

i LOVE you blog header photo. you need to enlarge that for your house....

we need to get bowlin/haynes time ON THE CALENDAR!

HUGs!