Wednesday, June 17, 2009

30 things...

so i usually don't even think about birthdays (well MY birthdays). i don't ever remember a time when i really cared that much about them, but this year is a big one for me- 30!! where did the years go? i feel like i am 26. i don't really know why 26, but for some reason that is how old i am inside my brain. i guess it seems old enough to be married, have kids, have had a career, but still young enough to feel like college was not so long ago, and that is how i feel. anyway, as my happy birthday to me i thought i would share 30 things i love (in no particular order, of course)...

1. sharpie markers
2. children
3. jesus
4. my big ol' family
5. hydrangeas
6. vacation
7. good conversation
8. reading blogs
9. teaching
10. jack's smile
11. olivia's personality
12. the beach
13. baylor
14. my computer
15. the smell of my parents house (is that creepy? i don't mean it to be, it is just comfort to me.)
16. a good book
17. a clean and organized house
18. getting my hair cut
19. my bible study friends
20. trying new restaurants
21. traveling ANYWHERE
22. my friends that know who i really am and what i am really all about
23. the number 23
24. damask
25. the iPhone
26. cooking a meal that everyone enjoys
27. the details
28. mark's thoughtfulness and generosity
29. pictures of people i love
30. this sweet life that i have lived for 30 years. the Lord has blessed me, tested me, and continues to pursue me and for all of that i am so grateful!!!

i am sure i left out some major LOVE, but those are the first 30 things that i thought of and are so grateful for this happy birthday to me day. :)

6 comments:

kinsey said...

happy birthday steph!! and yes, i am SO WITH YOU on feeling 26...let's stay that age for awhile :-)

Christine said...

Happy 30th!!!! You'll love it ;) And yes, want to get together soon! Going out of town this weekend but then I'll touch base.

Nana/Mom/Nancy said...

To my fabulous, wonderful, funny, precious, special daughter & best friend.....I thank God each day for you and what you bring to our lives......thank you for being YOU!

SarahFifer said...

I think I could have guessed all of those except the number 23. I learn something new about you all the time. Happy Happy Birthday, my sweet sis!

Ivy said...

I love this! Happpy Birthday!!

Haley said...

Happy Late B-day! My thirties have been far better than my twenties! Miss seeing you girl!