Wednesday, September 10, 2008

trampolines, balance beams, tumbling, oh my!

tap and ballet shoes have been replaced (at least for the fall semester) with trampolines, balance beams, bars, tumbling, and a huge pit of foam! olivia loved dance class the summer, but we decided to try something new for the fall. we are doing gymnastics with her cousin kingsley. she loves it!! i was a little nervous that my reserved, cautious, and nervous toddler would just sit back and watch everyone run, jump, balance, and bounce around. i was so wrong! she participates in everything and is often running to be the first in line. what??? she is still not so sure about swinging on the rope solo, but she will do it with her aunt. i'll take it! it has been so fun to watch her take more risks and have so much fun doing it. now all that said, this does not mean she is coordinated. i am not thinking we are headed to the olympics as a gymnist, but we are having a blast!!

they love the bouncy floor. maybe one of the reasons why they both call gymnastics, "jump, jump."

sweet cousins. kingsley and olivia.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how awesome! You know, I was in gymnastics for a grand total of one day. I was maybe a little older than Olivia and a huge weenie! (Still am.) The teacher made me cry because I was hanging upside down by my hands from a bar and I was afraid to push off with my feet and land on the ground. She got frustrated and just pushed my feet, flipping terrified little me through the air. I never went back. I'm sure she was as glad as I was about it.

Shawna said...

oh - the fun of having girls! can't wait. although in new york, it costs $600 - $700 for just one semester of classes. can you believe that!?!

SarahFifer said...

KK and I love "Jump Jump" with Olivia and T!! So fun!!