Wednesday, October 22, 2008

it's all about me

i have had a couple of days lately that have been mostly about me, which has been such a treat. a big thank you to CCDC, a good baby boy, and gram lois. "i crave organization!" a quote from my sweet friend misty, but it totally applies to me. last week i spent hours reorganizing several closets and drawers, rearranging things, and doing things that make me happy.

the result...

pantry #1. everything categorized and sorted onto the correct shelves and in the correct baskets. also, notice the new clear containers i recently purchased for snacks and cereal. i love them because when making my grocery list i can see how much is left of each item. love that!! :)


pantry #2. this is the "catch-all" pantry. it is filled with small kitchen appliances, large storage containers, and extra kitchen stuff that i rarely use. now it is easy to find things because once again everything is sorted and categorized.


spare bedroom closet, turned office. this project began when sarah and i started our calendar business. now that we are taking a short break from that endeavor i have rearrange and reorganized to make it my new office space.


i also rearranged and added a few new decorations to my mantle. i purchased them a while ago in canton, but just got around to making them work in the house. i am finally displaying a family picture that is almost 2 years old!! poor jack is not in it, but he is still represented.


those are just a few of the little projects that i have been up to while having a little "me" time. i did go to the doctor (yuck!) and spend a little time at northpark (fun!) in addition to the house stuff. this week is back to the normal routine. time with my kids is great too (well, most of the time) so the plans to continue to clean out and reorganize are on pause for the moment, but soon enough the rest of the closets will get some more of my attention.

5 comments:

Shawna said...

wow - amazing what can be done with some time and no kids. you inspire me! this is awesome.

MISTY and CO... said...

i think we are twins....

you left jack's lovey in the pack-n-play. see. twins.

instead of thing 1 and thing 2 we are organized mess 1 and organized mess 2.....

it all looks ROCK AWESOME....i love the wire baskets...

SarahFifer said...

Love it!! You have inspired me...what can I clean out????

Lane and Cole and Reed said...

ahhh, brings back memories of you cleaning and organizing things in our apartment at baylor. could you PLEASE come to my house & do the same?!!

Ivy said...

I am obsessed with your organization!

-Ivy